Director of Engineering, Patreon — 2015-Present
- Refocused the team around clear product objectives and processes, increasing our customer NPS by 15 points and halving churn within our first quarter.
- Within a year, grew our engineering team of twelve with high turnover into a team of thirty with extremely high retention. Restructured our organization to have clear career trajectories, learning opportunities, and widespread autonomy.
- Before managing: built our first mobile app, growing to a third of total traffic within a year. Also built our initial internal APIs and public platform.
Director of Client-Side Software, Clinkle — 2011-2015
- The first full-time engineering hire. Started as an iOS engineer, ended up managing the whole 12-person team of iOS, Android, Web, and Graphics engineers.
- Invented (along with one co-worker and two consultants) a patented data transmission standard using echo-encoding in ultrasonic frequencies.
Software Engineering Consultant, Pivotal Labs — 2011-2012
Research and Development Intern, Mozilla — 2011
Stanford University — 2011
- B.S. in Symbolic Systems, Phi Beta Kappa
- GPA: 4.0 in Computer Science, 3.8 overall
- Product processes, development processes, career growth, etc.
- Cocoa (iOS), React & Redux, Flask, Android, etc.
- Specta, Jasmine, Cedar, R-Spec, CircleCI, etc.
- Git, GitHub, Git Flow, Pivotal Tracker, Asana, etc.